A Professionals Australia membership now includes Journey Insurance at no extra cost.
We’ve got you covered in the workplace, now we’ve got you cover on the way to and from the workplace.
As a paid-up Professionals Australia member, you’re now covered by Journey Insurance.
Professionals Australia has always acted as a member’s work insurance through providing workplace advice and support when they need it – our team of qualified lawyers are always on-hand to assist you when need it, and provide advice before you need it.
But now we have you covered beyond the workplace – going to and from work.
The Professionals Australia Journey Insurance policy provides cover for members who suffer injuries while travelling to and from work. Cover is provided when it cannot be claimed under Workers’ Compensation or the Traffic Accidents Act or equivalent.
This service is included at no extra cost as part of your membership fee.
The same coverage for a single would cost $600+. That’s almost the entire cost of a full Professionals Australia membership.
What is included? Scope of cover:
The coverage afforded by Professionals Australia’s Journey Insurance policy is applicable while you are travelling directly between the boundaries of your place of residence and place of business for the purposes of starting or ending their day’s work and provided no cover is granted by Workers’ Compensation or the Traffic Accidents Act or equivalent.
Salary Replacement Benefit
If you are unable to work as a result of an injury, you will receive 85% of your weekly wage (as defined in the Policy):
- The maximum payment is $2,000 per week
- The maximum benefit period is 104 weeks (members up to 59 years of age)
- The maximum benefit period is 52 weeks (members from 60 to 70 years of age)
- The maximum benefit period is 26 weeks (members from 71 to 75 years of age)
- There is an excess period of 7 consecutive days
How to make a claim
Professionals Australia Insurance Services, our longstanding insurance provider, will guide you through a very simple claims process. In the event of an accident, please do the following:
- Attend a doctor as cover only applies from the date of the first visit with a qualified medical practitioner.
- Obtain a medical certificate to prove you are absent from work due to the injury.
- Download the claim form here, complete the claim form and return to the office of Professionals Australia Insurance Services:
Policy Conditions & Exclusions
The policy does not provide reimbursement for medical expenses.
The majority of medical expenses will be covered by Medicare and/or private health insurance or a third party insurance if you have sustained your injuries via a motor vehicle accident.
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement *Linked for full policy details. No compensations are payable under this Policy for any Insured Event resulting from Injury:
- which is deliberately self-inflicted or caused by You, including suicide or attempted suicide whether sane, insane or under any mental distress;
- which occurs as a result of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any Government or Public or Local Authority;
- which results from You engaging in air travel except as a passenger in any properly licensed aircraft;
- which results from You engaging in or taking part in naval, military or air force service or operations;
- which results from You engaging in or taking part in or training for professional sports of any kind;
- which is attributable wholly or partly to childbirth or pregnancy or the complications of these;
- which occurs as a result of the use, existence or escape of nuclear weapons material or ionising radiation from or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel;
- which is a sexually transmitted disease, or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) disease or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection.
- which results from a criminal or illegal act committed by You;
- which results from You being under the influence of alcohol or an illegal drug or there is more alcohol or drugs in Your blood than the law permits;
- which results from You directly or indirectly suffering from stress, depression, anxiety or any psychosomatic, psychological, psychotic, mental or nervous disorder;
- which results from any Pre-Existing Condition (as defined);
- where You receive sick leave payments;
- which results from any code of football.
- which results from losses arising from nuclear, chemical or biological terrorism; terrorism includes, but is not limited to, any act, preparation in respect of action or threat of action, designed to:
- influence a government or any political division within it for any purpose, and/or
- influence or intimidate the public or any section of the public with the intention of advancing a political, religious, ideological or similar purpose;
- which results from racing and/or time trials of any form, other than on foot.