Professional Scientists Employment and Remuneration Report
The Professional Scientists Employment and Remuneration Report published by Professionals Australia is the most comprehensive, up-to-date guide of Scientist remuneration available in Australia.
Based on data collected in our annual Professional Scientists Employment and Remuneration Survey, run in conjunction with Science and Technology Australia (STA), the report provides detailed analysis of salaries and working conditions in the scientific workforce broken down by gender, industry, years of experience, responsibility level and more.
This is the perfect benchmarking tool to keep organisations and individuals engaged in the sciences informed during negotiations for enterprise & workplace agreements, individual contracts, and salary reviews; helping you retain and attract the best quality staff.
Note: the report is only available as digital download and no longer available in a printed edition.
The Professional Scientists Employment and Remuneration Report is essential because it:
- The detailed 100-page report contains detailed analyses of both Base Salary and Total Remuneration Packages by responsibility level, job function, experience, discipline, qualification, sector, industry, turnover and geographic location. It also includes information on the latest trends in remuneration packaging, industrial regulation and the Fringe Benefits Tax.
- Contains easy-to-read tables, breaking down Professional Scientist remuneration packages including costed out motor vehicle benefits, overtime, allowances, superannuation, car parking, and performance bonuses.
- Details annual salary movements different industries and sectors employing scientists in the Australian economy.
- Includes online access to all information contained within the report as both a PDF and an interactive, customisable, calculator for performing your own targeted analyses online in your browser from the Professionals Australia website. When you receive a copy of the report, you will be given a unique username and password valid until publication of the next report.
- Puts at your fingertips information on salaries paid for Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, Medical Science, Biology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Physics and Food Science & Technology disciplines via the online service.
- Is run by Professionals Australia alongside Science and Technology Australia, which have conducted remuneration surveys for professional scientists since 1987.
- KEY RESULTS
- Salaries by employment sector
- Salaries by responsibility level
- Salaries by years of experience
- Salaries by branch of science
- Salaries by job function
- Salaries by state/territory
- Salaries by highest science qualification
- Salaries, satisfaction levels and science capability
- Private sector salaries by turnover
- Salaries by gender
- Salaries by industry
- Variable pay
- Working hours and compensation for additional hours worked
- ABOUT THE SURVEY
The Professional Scientists Employment and Remuneration Report is published as an online-only downloadable PDF. Purchasers receive a unique log-in and password which allows them to both download the report as well as access to an interactive online database to perform custom analyses via the Professionals Australia website all for one price.
Professionals Australia Members can further benefit by purchasing the report at 70% off the non-member price. To learn more about becoming a member of Professionals Australia click here.
The report is available for $330 (inc. GST). Overseas purchases are GST exempt. Professionals Australia members can purchase the report at the discounted rate of $99 (inc. GST), limited to one copy per member. The Report can be ordered online, via secure e-commerce. All amounts shown are in Australian dollars ($AUD).
All purchasers should familiarise themselves with the Terms and Conditions of purchase before ordering.
For more information about the Professional Scientists Employment and Remuneration Report, contact:
GPO Box 1272, Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: 03 9695 8839
Fax: 03 9695 8846
ABN: 99 589 872 974