APESMA members will be able to share their views to find out what is actually like to work at workplaces across the country with the official launch of the Review My Employer website today.
Mr Walton encouraged APESMA members to provide their considered opinion on their places of work to help other members and the broader public decide whether to take up job opportunities there or not.
APESMA members who provide the best and most valuable insight into a place of work before Wednesday 24 October will be eligible to win a brand new Ipad3 (Wi-Fi 16GB).
“Australian professionals use the internet to research things like whitegoods, hotels and cars but getting good information about a new job is tough,” Mr Walton said.
“We all know what it is like to start a new job and suddenly realise it’s not everything it’s been cracked up to be.
“This new website will help people share their experiences and give them confidence that their new job is going to make them personally satisfied as well as financially satisfied.”
Mr Walton said that since the site entered its testing phase more than 70 people had submitted real and detailed reviews about employers across the country, but he was expecting many more now that the site had been launched.
“It’s pretty common for employers to do reference checks on their job applicants. Now job applicants can easily do reference checks about employers,” Mr Walton said.
“We hope that employers take note of some of the comments on the site and respond to positive suggestions to keep their employees happy.
“We want people to be honest about their experiences. That’s why people can submit an anonymous review without worrying about the ramifications.
“However we really want people to be positive about the good workplaces that deserve the best employees in Australia.”
Rate your employer and go in the running for an ipad3 now at www.reviewmyemployer.com.au/write-review
Terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions of Entry
APESMA “Review My Employer Competition”
1. The “APESMA Review My Employer Competition” is a competition to determine, in the opinion and absolute discretion of a panel of APESMA, a submission which presents an innovative way of improving workplace morale, submitted through APESMA’s Review My Employer website
2. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
3. The Promoter is APESMA
4. APESMA reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time and to change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to any participant, if this is necessitated by unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
5. Only APESMA members are eligible for entry into this competition. This includes student members, overseas members and all other paying membership categories. A winning APESMA member must have paid all outstanding membership fees in order to be eligible
6. Entries open on Thursday 4 October and closes on Wednesday 24 October 2012 at 5pm AEST
7. Only entries that are complete and are considered by the APESMA judging panel to present an innovative way of improving workplace morale will be considered
8. Entrants must provide their unique APESMA number anonymously (found on an APESMA membership card) through the Review My Employer website to be considered eligible for this competition
9. A maximum just one entry per entrant may be submitted to this competition
10. By submitting an entry, all entrants are deemed to have agreed to and shall be bound by these Terms and Conditions
11. Employees (and their immediate families) of APESMA and agencies associated with APESMA and this promotion are ineligible to enter
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights
13. Incomplete and indecipherable entries and any entry which has incorrectly entered personal information or contact details shall be deemed an invalid entry
14. Entries that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, racially offensive, or that promote a commercial product or service, contain objectionable content or are otherwise considered inappropriate will be deemed invalid and rejected in the absolute discretion of the Promoter
15. Entries will be judged by a judging panel of APESMA staff between Wednesday 24 October 2012 and Monday 29 October 2012
16. The Prize of an Ipad3 (wifi 16GB) will be awarded to the top entrant as decided by the judging panel
17. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners
18. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into between the Promoter and the entrants in this respect
19. The winner will be contacted by the Promoter within five (5) business days after the end date of the Competition
20. The winner may choose to remain anonymous at all times
21. The only prize shall be an Apple Ipad3 purchased by APESMA
22. Prizes are not transferable and no cash al
ternative is available
23. Entries open on Thursday, 4 October and close on Wednesday 24 October 2012 at 5pm AEST
24. Entries will be judged by a judging panel between Wednesday 24 October and Monday 29 October 2012
25. Winners will be contacted by the Promoter within five (5) business days after the end date of the Competition