Architect members now have a new Committee for 2012.
On Sunday 25th March 2012, the current APA Committee Members & Officer Bearers, Warwick Lavers, Vincent Lien and Patricia Chow met in Canberra, together with three other APESMA Architect Members as invitees, to formally discuss and reconvene the APA Committee.
For many and varied reasons, it had been quite a while since the APA Committee last met. In the intervening period, the world has witnessed significant change and realignment; economically, financially and socially.
These changes now present an opportunity for the group to re-establish itself, as a conduit of support for APESMA Architect Members and as a forum for dialogue and experience sharing on broader architectural issues.
The incoming Office Bearers nominated and elected to the new APA Committee for 2012 are:
- Rocco Sergi, President, 0419 041 987, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warwick Lavers, Vice President, 0418 663 133, email@example.com
- Vincent Lien, Secretary, 0466 990 358, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Chow, Treasurer, 0422 180 247, email@example.com
- David Pond, Committee Member, 0411 473 851, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gerry McLoughlin, Committee Member, 0409 246 727,email@example.com
The key objectives of the APA Committee will be predicated on a 'steady as she goes' mantra, underpinned by three fundamental tasks in the short term, namely:
- Re-commencing our Architectural student membership drive across all Architectural Schools, from May-June 2012;
- Re-establishing an online communication channel with all existing Architect Members; and
- Confirming the 'needs and wants' of Architect Members by reviewing / undertaking new targeted survey initiatives.
The Canberra meeting proved to be very productive and was in itself a catalyst for re-energising the incoming Committee to look at how it can move forward positively and decisively. In time, additional Committee Members will be sought to broaden the base and include a Graduate Member and Student Member.
Tentatively, the Committee has agreed to meet face-to-face every 3-4 months and in between, to converse via email and other means, as it pushes ahead with its three key tasks mentioned above and updates to the Membership.
The Committee will continue to be professionally and ably supported by Jacki Baulch, its Senior Industrial Officer, Head Office.
On behalf of the incoming 2012 Committee, I wish to take this opportunity to introduce the new Office Bearers to all our Architect Members. I encourage you to make contact, with your respective state/territory representative, to share your views and suggestions on how this Committee can meet your needs now and into the future.
The Committee's contact details are noted above…. we would very much like to hear from you!
Thank you for your continued Architect Membership and support of APESMA.