The CPSF is an element of the new governance measures established for the Sixth Community Pharmacy Agreement (6CPA). The CPSF allows broad stakeholder consultation and is consistent with advice received through a review of the governance arrangements of the Fifth Community Pharmacy Agreement.
The CPSF provides an avenue for the 6CPA delivery partners to communicate with key stakeholders in the sector and is a conduit for the Australian Government Department of Health (the Department) and the Pharmacy Guild of Australia (the Guild) to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders with a vested interest in the provision of pharmaceutical benefits and related matters and issues.
The CPSF is hosted by the Department and Guild. It meets as required and is open by invitation to identified stakeholders, as agreed by the Department and the Guild.
The third meeting of the CPSF, which PPA was invited, was a half day event held in Sydney on Friday 7 September 2018. The program included five presentations, with opportunities to ask questions at the conclusion of each session.
The five topics were:
- Overview of the Government Response to the Review of Pharmacy Remuneration and Regulation (Pharmacy Review)
- Integrating Pharmacists into Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services
- Improved Medication for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through pharmacist advice and culturally appropriate services
- Uptake of redesigned Pharmacy Programs
- Evaluation of the New/Expanded 6CPA Pharmacy Programs