Professionals Australia CEO Chris Walton attended the Roads Australia Board Industry Leaders Dinner on Monday night, along with a number of influential figures from across the country and abroad.
The Industry Leaders Dinner was held to gather the key stakeholders in the roads industry together to discuss the future of roads in Australia, and coincides with the ITS World conference being held in Melbourne this week. Those in attendance discussed the future of car ownership, self-driven vehicles, licensing and registration and road surfacing materials in the future.
Professionals Australia have been on the board of Roads Australia for many years, and have been involved in many of the key projects undertaken by the organisation.
Notable figures in attendance at the event included:
- Austroads Chief Executive, Nick Koukoulas
- International Road Federation Vice Chairman, Adnan Rahman
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator Chairman, Bruce Baird
- National Transport Commission Chairman, David Anderson
- QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads GM for Land Transport and Safety, Dennis Walsh
- Roads and Maritime Services (NSW) CEO, Ken Kanofski
- VicRoads CEO, Peter Todd