Date: Wednesday, 10th July 2019
Time: 5:00 pm for a 5.30 pm start
Venue: Citiplace Community Centre, City Railway Station Complex, Wellington Street, Perth
The professional development session will focus on teaching you how to be empowered in your career and workplace:
- What is occupational safety and health (OSH)?
- Is OSH only for physical dangers? What about vicarious trauma?
- Who is responsible for your safety as a casual employee who works at many different workplaces?
- What is your role in ensuring a safe work environment?
Whose policies should you follow when out at a workplace:
- those of your employer (the language service provider)?
- those of the buyer of language services?
- those of your employer’s client; the purchaser of the language service?
- the owner of the workplace that you are attending?
- How and where can you raise concerns?
Light refreshments will be served
PD logbook points: 10 points, sections 1.4, 1.6 or 1.11
Any queries, please call Tamarah Rowlands on 0416219373