Professionals Australia Members stop work and attend a stop work meeting
This morning at 10am, around 70 PA members took part in a stop work meeting. PA was advised that others participated in the stoppage; however, they did not attend the meeting.
Messages of support from members across PA
Sydney Trains members heard from members at IBM, Sydney Water, the LGEA and Young professionals Association offering support for Sydney Trains members taking industrial action.
Messages of support were also received from ANSTO.
Members also heard from our Deputy Director, Justine McCarthy, who articulated the reasons why members were taking action and how the whole of PA- staff and members were behind them.
Why are we taking action?
AT the meeting members heard from bargaining reps about why this bargain was so important and why industrial action is needed, specifically:
- Sydney & NSW Trains continue to refuse to bargain together for 1 agreement;
- Sydney & NSW Trains have not agreed to a single claim from the CRU;
- NSW and Sydney Trains are both putting forward claims that cut your conditions and entitlements; and
- Sydney & NSW Trains are offering a 0.3% pay rise in the first year of the agreement.
Members endorsed a further stoppages of work in the coming weeks
Members endorsed a stoppage of work to coincide with the RTBU stoppage planned for 28 September.
At the meeting, we also hear about a number of technology bans that are being implemented in the next 3 weeks including:
- A plan to ban Microster, Kronos and Transport Equip for 12 hours;
- Two partly overlapping 1 hour bans on the use of mobile phones and Microsoft teams respectively; and
- 8 other software bans of varying lengths which will be notified in the following weeks.
Gap in the Transport Equip timesheet ban.
Please note if you have not submitted a timesheet in Transport Equip when you should have as a result of the ban, then you will have to submit one Tomorrow 16 September. However, if your cycle was the one that ended on or around 6 September, you do not need to worry about this, as the break in the ban is only 1 day.
Keep an eye on our website for the latest list of industrial actions and when they begin or cease.
Channels of communications:
Members should be getting communications over multiple channels about the Bargaining and Industrial Action.
The main channels of communications are:
- Our campaign website: http://www.professionalsaustralia.org.au/sydney-nsw-trains-enterprise-agreements/
- Our industrial Action list: http://www.professionalsaustralia.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Protected-industrial-Actions-list-v1-31-August-2.pdf
- Text messages to the mobile you have listed on our database (please update if you are not getting them)
- Our rep-run WhatsApp broadcast channel https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bm7w5hsL3ApL69aFZC6G8X
Additional meeting to address members
We are scheduling an additional lunchtime meeting on Tuesday 28 September at 12:30pm to advise on the status of future pending industrial actions. Please attend to find out the details and have a say.
Tuesday 12:30pm 28 September Click here to join the meeting