APESMA members have sent us some very prickly questions for us to put to our nation’s political leaders.
In our last eNews we asked you to send in the questions you want us to ask our politicians. We have been flooded with questions (read them here ).
Soon APESMA members will get the chance to vote for the best of these questions and we’ll but the most popular issues to our nation’s political leaders to be answered in the lead up to the Federal election to be held on 14 September.
But before we do this we thought we’d give you one more chance to submit your questions to be considered by APESMA members across the country.
We have had a good response to our call for questions in last week’s eNews but we’re sure there are many other topics that you might like us to hit our politicians with.
Already APESMA members have submitted questions on the following topics:
- The contracting out of engineering projects and the impact on in-house engineering skills;
- Plans to significantly increase investment in infrastructure;
- New programs to encourage the participation of maths and science at Australia’s primary and high schools;
- Plans and costs of delivering fibre-to-the-home broadband;
- Requiring the government to purchase more Australian made vehicles for its fleet;
- The prospect of Workchoices-like industrial relations law;
- Action to mitigate climate change;
- Any higher taxes on superannuation contributions or benefits;
- The impact of coal seam gas exploration on our water supplies; and
- And many others.
Do you support questions on these topics or are there many other things you would like to hold the politicians to account for? Tell us what you would like to ask our politicians