PAB closes 27 August at midday (tomorrow)
Members are urgently reminded to vote in the PAB that was emailed to all members by CiVS.
PA recommends that you vote YES to all 30 items.
If you have not voted, please do so now! If you are having trouble finding the email, contact CiVS Immediately on 1300 798 994 (M-F, 11am – 7pm AEST).
We will let members know the outcome of the ballot when we know tomorrow.
NSW Trains update.
Progress was slow at the meeting last Thursday 19 August but the CRU presented our WHS claims, including:
- Ensuring all changes implemented are as safe or safer than current work arrangements and processes;
- Fully suitable PPE to be provided to all employees at no cost
- Mental health and safety commitments;
- Sexual harassment commitments.
NSW Trains has not agreed to any CRU claim, but has put counter claims that attack conditions and create uncertainty.
NSW trains have also not yet agreed to meet with us this Friday to discuss our full log of claims and present our scope issue
We have yet to see a full list of claims, but NSW trains has indicated that the claims they have put are the main priorities for NSW Trains. Note they did not say there were no further claims!
Sydney Trains update.
Sydney Trains has still failed to provide us with a full list of claims, a log or a complete list of initiatives.
However, the ‘initiatives’ put forward or revisited today all make substantive claims against your rights and conditions. ST put the following:
- Changes to the consultation clause (lessening your rights to have a say on change)
- Changes to the DSP (removing the status quo and reducing the scope under which a dispute can be raised)
- Changes to working arrangements to mean you can work more weekends, and have less say on your working arrangements
- Removing unions visibility and input into flexible work arrangements.
You can read more about Sydney Trains claims and what they really mean here.
The CRU put our WHS claims which are identical to the claims we put to NSW Trains (see above)
Sydney Trains despite being 5 meetings into bargaining has refused to agree to a single CRU claim.
Sydney Trains and NSW Trains have continued to refuse to attend our meetings that we have called to put our scope claim and full log to the CRU. The next such meeting is this Friday (tomorrow).
You can read the questions we put to Sydney Trains and STs (non) answers here.